Here’s a recipe for Baked Vegan Chimichangas!
When many people think of chimichangas, they may think of a deep-fried food filled with meat and cheese…
Not exactly vegan.
This recipe for Baked Vegan Chimichangas shows that chimichangas can be delicious and vegan.
It contains tofu, guacamole, salsa and chilies for a tasty meal that you can tailor to your preferred level of spiciness.
Be sure to double-check that your salsa and guacamole are vegan .
And now, on to our recipe for Baked Vegan Chimichangas!
Baked Vegan Chimichanga Recipe
- Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
Here’s what you’ll need for your Baked Vegan Chimichangas…
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chilies (mild to hot, your preference)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup cubed tofu
- vegan salsa
- vegan guacamole
- 4 Ezekiel tortillas
Here’s the process for preparing your Baked Vegan Chimichangas…
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Oil a frying pan with safflower oil and warm over medium heat.
- Mince garlic, and dice onion, bell peppers, chilies and tomatoes.
- Add to frying pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add beans and tofu.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Take tortillas and spread a bit on each and wrap up.
- Grease a cookie sheet, place in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take out and top with guacamole and salsa to taste.
If you enjoyed this Baked Vegan Chimichanga recipe, please feel free to pass it along to others who might enjoy it as well! Just click on the Twitter or Facebook icon below to share:Pin It